commandblockguy's (currently unnamed) contest
In this contest, your goal is to decode and visit a series of URLs. Each URL has a webpage with the next clue and a leaderboard showing who completed each stage and at what time. Many of these will require you to write your own decoder once you figure out how the encoding format works. There are currently 4 stages, but I'll probably add more in the future.
rules / details:
Please note that you must complete all prior rounds to get the next clue. You can now complete the rounds in any order.
- This isn't a hacking contest - don't try to find vulnerabilities in any of my server software, mass scan stuff, or otherwise try to gain access to the machine.
- The URL will start with https://commandblockguy.xyz/c/, and be a PHP file with a name that's 8 random characters long. Guessing URLs won't help you here.
- A 500 error, or the error page with a cat, will never be part of the contest - if you find one, that means I did my PHP wrong.
- HTML comments are also not required to solve the contest, so don't try to use them as clues.
- The login system also does not provide hints for the contest.
- Your URL won't work for anyone else. However, the security on the first stage's URL protection is intentionally fairly weak.
- Feel free to work on this with other people, but don't post spoilers super publicly in case someone else wants to do it by themselves.
- The contest doesn't work on IPv6. You can't even get the first URL using it, so just use IPv4. In fact, even this page won't load on IPv6. How are you here?
clues for each round:
If you encounter any issues, please let me know: